Thanks to everyone for their enthusiastic support of our Haiti Tweetup fundraising drive! We need your help on the final drive for participants on Tuesday, 19 January at Casa Del Popolo (4873 blvd St-Laurent) between 5:30pm and 8:30pm.
Get tickets here:
Check out the Facebook page:
Reasons to come:
- Haiti needs help on the ground and they need it yesterday. This is an international issue (that needs no more explanation from me) AND it’s also a local one. Thousands of Haitian Canadians are worried sick and losing sleep over their friends and relatives; they deserve to know that we’re with them and we support them.
- DJ Andy Williams will provide the sound and fury for your rump shaking pleasure.
- Prizes! Prizes! Prizes! Raffles and silent auctions will be going on for a list of wicked prizes that won’t stop growing!
- Did I mention something about an earthquake ravaged country just-a-few-short-hours-by-plane away? Yes, that one.
How to help:
- Send an email. Copy and paste all of the above in a new message, send it to your entourage then sit back and take the credit. Plagiarism for a good cause doesn’t count.
- Get on the phone – call your friends to come out and meet you for a drink on Tuesday at Casa del Popolo! They’re good people and itching for a way to give – the $10 donation-at-the-door might just be the trick.
- Get Social on Facebook and Twitter – shout it loud and proud that you’re coming with the #haititweetup hashtag. Let everybody know that Haiti has your support and ask them to join you.
- Work your contacts – Do you have friends in high places? Know people well placed in the media who just need to know about this initiative? Point them to this blog!
- Add a Haiti Tweetup Widget to your web page – it’s beautiful and functional. Code here: [<div style=”width: 250px;”><iframe name=”countdown” id=”mgframe” src=”http://www.eventbrite.com/countdown-widget?eid=536979119″ width=”250″ height=”420″ marginheight=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ ></iframe><a href=”http://www.eventbrite.com/r/ecount”><img src=”http://www.eventbrite.com/s.gif” alt=”Events” border=”0″/></a></div>]